University of South Carolina Upstate
The Helpdesk Manager reports to the Director of Client Services and is responsible for the daily operations of the Helpdesk that serves as the primary point of contact for end users support for the faculty, staff and students of the University. Hires and supervises student employees working for Client Services. The Helpdesk Manager collaborates with everyone in the Division of Information Technology department to ensure that all requests are processed promptly and resolved expeditiously and documented thoroughly.
- Supervise Helpdesk operations, including in-person and remote employees, including hiring, training, and scheduling, employee resources. Manages student workers who work on multiple shifts.
- Provide advanced assistance to Helpdesk employees’ work.
- Manage Helpdesk ticketing process through directing, delegation, monitoring and reporting of ticket status and resolution outcomes.
- Manage Helpdesk knowledge base library by curating, processing, and documenting information by studying newly identified issues at the Helpdesk.
- Serve as liaison for vendor management for hardware equipment and manager loaner program.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems or related field and 1 year related work experience or high school diploma and 5 years related work experience; or equivalency. Helpdesk customer service or customer service experience is required. Two years of hands on experience in all the following areas: Windows 10 & 7, supporting MS Office and repairing PC’s (can be concurrent). Helpdesk customer service or customer service required. Successful background check is required.
Working knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in an Ethernet network environment using TCP/IP is highly desirable. Experience troubleshooting wireless networking issues. Hold A+ Certification and experience in repairing Macintosh and Mac OS preferred.
$37,128 – $48,927; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/129295
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.