Housing Security Officer – Temporary (2)
University of South Carolina Upstate
Reporting to the Assistant Chief of Police, the University Housing Safety Officer monitors the ingress and egress of students and guests in one of two housing units (Palmetto House and Magnolia House) to ensure the safety of our students and University assets. In this position they staff the receiving desk at the front entrance and are responsible for greeting all persons entering the building, verifying persons entering are current residential students or authorized after-hour visitors. They check guests into the facility, answer phones and fill out necessary paperwork. Works closely with Housing and Residential Life Staff to advise of guests overstaying their visits, advise of abnormal situations, student lockouts or other issues. Contacts University Police for response and support as needed.
- Greet visitors and residents entering the building. Provide friendly – helpful and courteous interactions. Individually welcome each person as they enter the building.
- Verify that students entering the building are residents of a particular residence hall by finding their name on the roster and confirming the sticker placed on their University ID card.
- Check all guests into the building. Ensure guests are accompanied by a current resident of the residence hall and present a valid form of identification. Ensure overnight guests possess an approved overnight guest form. Enter names of guests into the daily log book.
- Write reports as needed.
- Answer telephones and radio communications.
- Contact RA’s or on-duty police officers for lockouts or other student issues or concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED, excellent communications skills; verbal and written. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license with a good driving record. Successful background check is required.
Security and safety work experience, especially with student populations 17-25 years old.
$15.00 – $18.00 per hour
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/154531
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.