HRL Housekeeping TechnicianMarch 20, 2023
HRL Housekeeping Technician
University of South Carolina Upstate
Performs custodial and housekeeping duties on USC Upstate campus for assigned buildings, specified areas, having knowledge of all buildings to be able to perform work in any building as needed or on a rotational building schedule with flexibility to work weekends and any shift. Under very limited supervision from the Housekeeping Supervisor will perform custodial and housekeeping duties to keep buildings and grounds in a clean orderly condition in the Palmetto House, Magnolia House, Villas, The Landing and adjacent exterior common areas.
• Cleans and disinfects bathrooms, hallways, study rooms, offices, laundry rooms, elevators, and other common areas. In all functions of job performance, safe practices and training standards are to be met according to University policies and procedures.
• Collects trash from trash-rooms, trashcans, and all other containers in common areas – interior and exterior spaces. In all functions must be in compliance with all transportation and safety standards in relation to building and other essential job functions. Ongoing safety training through annual OSHA and regular safety meetings. Attendance and participation are essential to USC Upstate HRL Housekeeping Standards.
• Cleans glass and doors in lobbies, office suites, and all common areas.
• Managing inventory supplies/materials for all HRL buildings, inspecting and reporting any building deficiencies by generating work requests, entering work functions and data into the work order management system and perform all other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma and 2 years related experience or equivalency. Valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Considerable knowledge of custodial operations and methods.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/141915
The USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.