University of South Carolina Upstate
Under very limited supervision from the Director or Superintendent of Landscape Services, is responsible for the preparation, maintenance, and beautification of University properties. Position would be responsible for landscape management at the University of South Carolina Upstate Main Campus, Perimeter Roadways, and George Dean Johnson School of Business. On occasion, will assist the Building Maintenance crew and with setups.
• Perform the following function on USC Upstate Main Campus and surrounding University property: Mow and trim grass, operate heavy equipment such as backhoe, skid-steer, forklifts including transferring pallets of fertilizer, sod, plants, etc. Prune/trim trees and shrubs, mulch, plant, water and fertilize shrubs, flowers, trees, turf. Plans student work schedules and coordinates tasks to be completed. Trains student landscapers in proper performance of their duties.
• Weed both mechanically and chemically; pick up and remove litter, leaves, debris; remove snow and ice from walks and roads; perform irrigation installation and repairs.
• Perform maintenance on grounds equipment, tools, irrigation systems, and campus signage, and install/maintain fencing.
• Enter work functions into work order management system as well as other data entry systems and perform all other tasks as assigned to complete and document work. Position requires working with various plant and chemical types which may develop allergens. Must adhere to prescribed protocols to address requirements. In all job functions including safety, adhere to University policies and procedures.
• In all job functions, using equipment such as but not limited to items referenced in “All Equipment Needed to Perform Task” section of this position description.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma and 3 years landscaping experience. A good driving record, valid driver’s license and successful background check are required. A negative pre-employment drug screen is required. Subject to post-employment drug and alcohol testing per policy HR 1.95.
Generally works 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. May have to work extended hours or weekend hours to support University activities. Exact work hours may be modified for seasonal patterns.
Preferred Qualifications: Master Gardner Certificate or equivalent, 3-5 years experience, horticulture vocational certificate, tech graduate, and pesticide applicator license.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/138789
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.