University of South Carolina Upstate
The Mailroom Coordinator is responsible for overseeing day to day mail room operations related to faculty/staff mail and packages, student mail and packages. Mailroom coordinator will fill in for absent employees as needed. Provides training for new employees and new processes. Troubleshoots and/or places service orders for mail room equipment such as mail meter, parcel lockers, and point-of-sale system, as needed.
• Prepares departmental mail for distribution to campus departments, including sorting and delivery of USPS mail, parcels, interoffice, interagency mail including registered, insured, certified, special delivery, business reply, postage due and expedited carrier mail items. Ensures timely pick-up and delivery of mail to/from various locations of the USC Upstate campus (main campus, The George, and Greenville) in accordance with designated mail routes and schedules. Completes mail processing. Ensures safe practices used by employees performing tasks.
• Fill in for absent employees which requires knowledge of all mail room tasks, including faculty/staff package delivery, student mail, package delivery and point of sale system, as needed. In the absence of the Warehouse Coordinator and Director of Ancillary Services, will receive and receipt freight in warehouse. May use pallet jack, if needed.
• Support director by training new employees on their functions related to letter/package delivery for faculty/staff, students, point-of-sale systems and mail room equipment. Incorporates safe practices and OSHA compliance. Maintain/create departmental procedure and process reference materials, as needed.
• Support director by training new employees on their functions related to letter/package delivery for faculty/staff, students, point-of-sale systems and mail room equipment. Incorporates safe practices and OSHA compliance. Maintain/create departmental procedure and process reference materials.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements are a high school diploma and no prior work experience. A valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check are required.
Previous experience in postal, courier or deliver operations is preferred.
$31,620 – $36,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/163965
The University of South Carolina is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities