Mass hiring for manufactuirng operatorsFebruary 9, 2023
Manufacturing Operator (Operations – SL1/2)
The Manufacturing Operator is responsible for operating the machines, with a team, to produce quality finished goods according to customer specifications and performance requirements.
LEVEL: Hourly Position – Starting pay $17.88 – $2.00 Shift Premium for night shifts
HOURS: 8 Hour shifts (Monday -Friday: 7am to 3pm; 3pm to 11pm; 11pm to 7am)
12 Hour Shifts – Schedule TBD
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform set-up, start-up and shut-down of machines per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Must follow all Safety and company policies and procedures to ensure the safe performance of all assigned duties.
• Adhere to the Fibertex Nonwovens Quality Policy to ensure our products and services meet customer’s expectations
• Operate production equipment within the specified limits including SOCs.
• Monitor raw materials, product and equipment for defects or deviations.
• Perform routine maintenance and inspections of equipment to ensure safe, high quality, productive operation.
• Support a constructive team culture and contribute to a positive workplace.
• Maintain production records and monitors product quality against established control charts.
• Perform site-safety audits routinely as scheduled
• Keep area clean and orderly throughout the shift.
• High School or GED Equivalent Required
• Associates Technical Degree a plus
• Work Keys not required – but a plus.
• Manufacturing experience preferred. (Carding, needlepunch, and/or textile experience preferred)
• Mechanical troubleshooting skills preferred.
• Basic computer skills desired – keyboarding, Microsoft Office
• Basic understanding of SAP/ERP systems
• Must be able to work in fast environment and a team player
• Forklift experience preferred or ability to become certified.
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, and be able to stand on concrete for long periods.
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Able to work hours as needed, including a 12 hour rotating shift schedule (including every other weekend, OT and holidays)