Media Services SpecialistJuly 21, 2022
Media Services Specialist
University of South Carolina Upstate
Under the general supervision of the Media Project Manager, the Media Systems Specialist is an audio and visual systems technician that provides computer and audio visual support in response to the needs of meeting space technologies such as classrooms, conference rooms, and other meeting spaces. The specialist also provides support for technology incidents, classroom technology emergencies, requests for video teleconferencing support, and other support for computer hardware and software to ensure that the meeting space technology is poised for meeting, teaching and learning success.
• Primarily responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving meeting space technology problems. Troubleshoots system and equipment malfunctions, with priority given to classroom support; installs new and/or replacement equipment following established classroom equipment and functionality standards
• Provides timely classroom technology support by responding to equipment trouble calls and performing preventative maintenance as necessary.
• Provides timely meeting space technology support by responding to equipment trouble calls and performing preventative maintenance as scheduled by the Director of Media Services.
• Provides enterprise video teleconferencing support for video conferencing endpoints.
• Assist with Projects as assigned by the Media Project Manager and coordinate the documentation of appropriate knowledge base articles and support articles with the IT Helpdesk.
• Provide supervision for student employees by managing schedules, duty assignments, and tracking labor hours.
• Attempt to provide assistance for the Office of Special Events if an audio/visual technology emergency issue cannot be resolved.
• Provides local support for the campus (exclude Housing) CATV distribution system, to include troubleshooting, basic maintenance, and coordination with system installer/programming provider and satellite TV contractors and vendors, as needed.
High school diploma and 2 years related experience. Valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check are required.
Associates Degree in related field, or combination of education and 4 years’ experience, Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certified.
$29,061 – $40,934; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/125080
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.