Parking Officer – Temporary
University of South Carolina Upstate
Under general supervision, enforces University parking regulations; interacts with the campus community in regards to enforcement issues and parking and traffic information; services and maintains parking enforcement equipment such as electric vehicles, ticket printers and hand-held PDF devices.
In addition, serves as the Department’s Transportation Services Coordinator responsible for scheduling drivers and routes for the University’s fleet of shuttle busses.
• Identifies and issues parking citations to improperly parked vehicles such as; vehicles parked in a fire or loading zone, no parking permit displayed, illegally parked in handicapped spaces, or improper permit displayed.
• Patrols streets and parking lots by vehicle and on foot.
• Employs proper usage of hand-held ticket writing computer
• Compares license plate numbers of illegally parked vehicles with a list of license plate numbers of vehicles with unpaid traffic citations.
• Assists stranded motorists with battery jumps and car unlocks.
• Installs vehicle immobilization devices on perpetual offenders
• Schedules the University’s fleet of shuttle busses according to the needs of the community. Schedules drivers accordingly.
• Maintains accurate records and ensures compliance with DOT regulations
• Promotes and maintains excellent customer service and effective relationships with all campus departments
High School Diploma/or equivalent (GED) and be at least 18 years of age or older. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license with a good driving record. Successful background check is required.
$15.00 per hour
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/126750
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.