Public Services Librarian – Temporary
University of South Carolina Upstate
Provides general reference services to students, faculty and staff and community patrons.
• Assist with physical reference desk hours
• Answer Ask-a-Librarian questions via email, texting and chat
• Assist with assigned reference project(s)
• Participates in training and professional development activities
• Compile reference statistical data in paper and Excel formats
• Other project and duties as assigned
Master’s of Library Science or Master’s of Library and Information Science degree from an accredited American Library Association program. A successful background check is required.
Participation in night and weekend reference rotation required.
Professional experience in an academic library preferred; broad knowledge of general reference resources; broad knowledge of databases and search strategies.
Salary: $15 – $25 per hour based on education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/157509
The University of South Carolina is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.