University of South Carolina Upstate
Manages the reception area of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships; serves as initial contact for the general public for information and services available from the department; and administrative support for the department.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the ‘FIN AID’ e-mail account to include reply correspondence.
• Responding quickly to questions regarding receipt of documents, stage processing, additional information requested, and locating of student files. Involves thorough knowledge of office policy and procedures, computer screens, stage processing, office forms and required documentation. Involves analysis of various programs and processes.
• Performs administrative support duties for the department to include managing staff calendars, scheduling appointments, thorough knowledge of processing procedures and staff responsibilities for appropriate routing of documents received, caller questions, and visitor’s inquiries.
• Responsible for managing the reception area of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to include answering incoming calls and greeting visitors; responding to requests for information and forms with general knowledge of student assistance programs; routes calls and visitors to appropriate staff; and manages appearance of reception and display area.
• Responsible for backup work as needed (i.e. entrance forms, affidavits, etc.)
• Assist with initial budget calculation of summer applications.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma and 2 years related experience, or equivalency. Successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Prior financial aid experience and prior administrative support experience in a college setting. Experience in customer service and data entry to include working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing.
Salary: $24,960 – $29,274; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/121923
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.