Research and Data AnalystFebruary 4, 2023
Research and Data Analyst
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Research and Data Analyst reports directly to the Director of Institutional Research and Planning. Drawing on interpersonal, analytical and technical competences, the Research and Data Analyst works with key stakeholders, oversees data integrity, and conducts research and data analyses to support institutional planning and reporting efforts. This position will work to understand the data needs and priorities across the University and will extract, analyze, describe, visualize and interpret a variety of institutional data used internally for strategic decision-making, and externally for informational and official reporting to state and federal agencies and other organizations. The Research and Data Analyst will also be responsible for leading implementation, data analysis, data visualization, and reporting of institutional survey data, including meeting with stakeholders in the interpretation of data.
• Data Management: • Creates reports that originate from either the root database systems or from the official data warehouse using SAS programming language and/or COGNOS. • Collaborates with the Director to optimize process flows and data streams. • Ensures that internal and external requests for surveys/questionnaires are completed in a timely manner.
• Date Use: Assists deans, chairs, and directors with use of dashboards and interpretation of data reports. Works with Provost and Dean of University College to ensure institutional data are being used across campus to help improve programs, increase student success, and decrease equity gaps.
• Data Reporting and Visualization: • Performs and oversees a variety of external, internal and ad-hoc reports. • Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulatory reporting requirements as well as performs analysis on how those changes may impact the university. • Supports academic and administrative units by compiling and publishing a range of institutional and survey data on the web and/or in shared folders.
• Data Analysis and Interpretation: • Develops and implements in-depth research projects, including collecting and analyzing data, and preparing narrative interpretations, as needed. • Prepares reports for special community and institutional research initiatives. • Conducts, reports, and interprets additional statistical analyses on institutional and survey data.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in statistics or related field, or bachelor’s degree with 12 semester hours in mathematics/statistics and 2 years related experience. A successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to use SQL, SAS or SPSS as a research tool. Understanding of higher education information system (e.g., Banner) and enterprise reporting solution (e.g., COGNOS). Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau).
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/139740
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.