Special Events CoordinatorApril 19, 2023
Special Events Coordinator
University of South Carolina Upstate
Reporting to the Director of University Events and Facility Scheduling, the Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the administrative duties relating to event registration, data management and business functions processing. This includes a wide range of activities that support administrative and business practices of the Office of University Events and Facility Scheduling.
• Coordinates the contracting and billing processes as they relate to events for both internal and external organizers. Responsible for the creation, distribution, and management of key documents such as contracts, invoices, background checks, and liability insurance. Receives, tracks, sorts, and processes all invoice payments and outstanding account receivables. Performs all billing activities for external events, review of invoices for services for payment, reporting, and month end reconciliation of revenue. Primary liaison for all correspondence resolving.
• Coordinates office administration and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Executes and maintains office records for departmental budgetary expenditures, completes purchase requisitions and purchase orders, and submits employment documents for dual, temporary and student employment.
• Provides administrative support for the Director of University Events and Facility Scheduling. Assists in event registration processes, compiling and organizing event program materials, managing event supplies, coordinating and tracking event logistics.
• Assists with all aspects, as assigned by the Director, of major University programs and events, including but not limited to Commencement, Convocation, Chancellor Events, Founder’s Day, and annual faculty/staff, athletic, donor, and commissioner of higher education events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience, which may be substituted by equivalent combination of certification, training, education, and/or experience. Experience with scheduling and business applications such as 25Live and PeopleSoft. Experience and knowledge of billing and receivables are required. Good driving record, valid driver’s license and successful background check are required.
$32,032 – $42,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/143497
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
The USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities