Title IX Coordinator
University of South Carolina Upstate
Title IX Coordinator is responsible for providing a comprehensive Title IX Program and serves as the campus’s primary administrator for cases alleging sexual misconduct, discrimination, and harassment. The Title IX Coordinator facilitates and oversees the university’s compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of the 1972 Civil Rights Act. This role oversees and coordinates investigations including delivery of supportive measures, responses and resolutions to complaints.
Coordination of Reports and Complaints
• Oversee the response, investigation and resolution of complaints of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, and retaliation.
• Maintain and oversee case management systems. Track cases, data, and trends to identify and address patterns and systemic concerns.
• Assigns cases for investigation to title IX investigators.
• Coordinates delivery of supportive measures, assistance, and resources to all parties involved in a compliant.
Policy Management and Compliance
• Ensure compliance with institutional, state and federal guidelines; will monitor evolving laws, regulations and best practices to ensure alignment with policies, procedures and practices across the institution.
• Collaborate with other university administrators on the development and review of related university policies and procedures.
• Works in conjunction with the USC Office of Civil Rights and Title IX.
Training and Education
• Provide coordination of all University of South Carolina anti-discrimination and harassment trainings.
• Oversee training for those involved in the investigatory process in accordance with university policy and federal/state laws/regulations.
• Develop and oversee Title IX -related web-pages and other promotional resources.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience. Successful background check is required.
Experience in Title IX compliance; Related training or certification through a nationally recognized organization.
$30 – $40 per hour based on qualifications.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/137653
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.