Trades Specialist – Electrician
University of South Carolina Upstate
Under limited supervision, perform skilled electrical work in the operation, repair and renovation of buildings, equipment, and interior/exterior lighting.
• Troubleshoot: Repair, operate, and perform preventive maintenance on electrical systems, lighting, panels, motors and starter controls, variable speed drives, emergency equipment as recommend by the manufacturer, required by regulatory agencies and deemed necessary from experience.
• Install conduit, wiring, cable, receptacles, light fixtures and related items for building renovation and repair projects, including computer-related support.
• Performs/troubleshoots for assigned fire alarm issues: Fire alarm control panels, annunciator panels, devices (smoke, heat, strobe/audio) for proper operation in compliance with NEC and NFPA codes.
• Performs/troubleshoots for assigned Emergency Power issues: Generators, lighting, egress lights and other emergency power systems.
• Cross trains in other areas; primarily to assist plumber with trouble shooting plumbing system: Pumps, backflow preventers, and plumbing systems. Develop knowledge that support each other’s functions (electrical functions in plumbing and vice versa).
• Assist other trades in performing work, assist in maintaining supplies inventory for area, and other duties as assigned.
• Review plans, shop drawings and evaluate building code related details required to troubleshoot equipment failure, perform repairs and construction in accordance with building codes. Provide detailed materials take-off data to determine materials needed for task. Coordinate equipment outages and repairs with building occupant and other trades to include mechanical, plumbing, electrical and others as needed.
High school diploma and 5 years directly related trade experience. Pre-employment drug screen is required. Valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check are required.
Prefer experience including Fire Alarm Systems and/or one year of technical training in electrical trade. Familiar with most current National Electric Code and National Fire Protection Association code.
$32,662 – $35,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/115400
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.