The Manufacturing Operator is responsible for operating the machines, with a team, to produce quality finished goods according to customer specifications and performance requirements.
•Perform set-up, start-up and shut-down of machines per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
•Must follow all Safety and company policies and procedures to ensure the safe performance of all assigned duties.
•Adhere to the Fibertex Nonwovens Quality Policy to ensure our products and services meet customer’s expectations
•Operate production equipment within the specified limits including SOCs.
•Monitor raw materials, product and equipment for defects or deviations.
•Perform routine maintenance and inspections of equipment to ensure safe, high quality, productive operation.
•Support a constructive team culture and contribute to a positive workplace.
•Maintain production records and monitors product quality against established control charts.
•Perform site-safety audits routinely as scheduled
•Keep area clean and orderly throughout the shift.
High School or GED Equivalent Required
Associates Technical Degree a plus
Work Keys not required – but a plus.
• Manufacturing experience preferrred. (Carding, needlepunch, and/or textile experience preferred)
• Mechanical troubleshooting skills preferred.
• Basic computer skills desired – keyboarding, Microsoft Office
• Basic understanding of SAP/ERP systems
• Must be able to work in fast environment and a team player
• Forklift experience preferred or ability to become certified.
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, and be able to stand on concrete for long periods.
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Able to work hours as needed,including a 12 hour rotating shift schedule (including every other weekend, OT and holidays)