Warehouse Shift SupervisorAugust 17, 2020
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
To apply, click here: https://jobs.dsv.com/job/Laurens-Warehouse-Shift-Supervisor-SC-29360/612910401/
Location: [[Laurens, SC]]
Job Posting Title: [[Warehouse Supervisor]]
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for supervising, labor management, and planning of inbound, outbound, Product slotting and customer communication activities on a daily basis, including labor scheduling, space utilization, equipment and manpower. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems. Under the direction of the Shift Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts meetings to review daily/weekly work activities, plan and assure continuous improvement.
- Effectively keeps senior management and client representatives informed of critical issues that affect the operations
- Ensures the development of systems and procedures for managing operations, equipment, and products in a safe and profitable manner in accordance with company policies, guidelines, and procedures. Manages operations to meet prescribes productivity and service goals. Complies with terms outlined in sites operating agreement with the client.
- Implements and reports on-going cost savings measures. Provides ideas and suggestions for more efficient operations.
- Meets all client specified KPI’s, and complies with Quality system requirements.
- Manages the operations to achieve prescribed objectives. Applies sound communication and motivational techniques, create programs to fairly and equitably supervise, counsel, and (where needed) discipline team members. Provides direction and support to the Human Resources. Assists in creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development. Participates in performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and other HR activities.
- Has overall training and evaluation responsibilities of warehouse staff.
- Plans the daily work schedule by reviewing existing work orders, arrival notices, and instructions from customers. Assesses priorities based on time sensitivity and available resources. Assigns duties to appropriate warehouse staff.
- Reviews pending jobs or trends, plan for reorganization of warehouse space, and needed changes in levels of supplies, equipment, or staffing needs.
- Trains new staff in assigned duties, or delegate training responsibility to experienced team member. Assesses progress of trainees, and add additional duties as appropriate.
- Keeps informed of quantity and quality of jobs being performed throughout the day, providing guidance and advice as necessary.
- Assigns supervisory duties to experienced team members acting as leads for lower level warehouse staff. Keeps abreast of progress or problems.
- Keeps Manager advised of progress or problems requiring attention on a daily basis. Holds regular meetings with warehouse staff to assess group’s overall status. Discusses ideas for improvement. Keeps staff informed of new developments.
- Assists in the physical operations as needed.
- Delivers results by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time
- Maintains high degree of motivation in team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Provides ongoing growth and development opportunities for team members
- Provides input and conduct annual performance reviews for team members
- Supports adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Supports and trains team members with adherence to SOPs (corporate and client)
Management Information Systems
Ensures all team members are properly trained and efficient in the required information systems (including WMS systems) to meet company and client objectives and facilitate the efficient operation of the facility. Ensures that necessary computer software and hardware are purchased in accordance with Corporate IT policies and guidelines. Remains knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology. Develops proficiency in client systems.
Manages high level customer service standards for all functions. Assures that client accounts receive the required level of operational and administrative support. Maintains appropriate contact with all functions and respond to requests when required. Attends meetings with key customers to discuss any customer issues. Coordinates management of supplier/customer visits to the site. Promotes a positive relationship with clients by providing excellent customer service.
Achieves company goals in terms of injury frequency ratings (IFR) and other safety metrics by establishing a proactive and participative safety culture within the operations. Audits warehouse daily for compliance with safety, security, and quality principles and rules. Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area. Ensures all federal, provincial or other statutory requirements are adhered to within the parameters of Health and Safety.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Performs other duties as required
- Supervises warehouse associates and team leads
- Communicates all problems and questions to manager
- Assist the operations/general manager as needed
- Follows all safety procedures at all times
- Responsible for all equipment, supplies, documents, and materials related to job.
- Responsible for following all DSV policies and procedures
- Complies with all federal, state, and local regulations
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 3 years experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment.
- 1 year experience in a supervisory role
- Able to operate MHE
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, and Power Point)
- RF Scanners
- WMS functions
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Business communication
- Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner
- Good organizational and personnel skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Good leadership, supervision, and planning skills
- Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends, as required by the operation
- Participate in established cross training metrics activities with the opportunity to improve their knowledge in multiple areas/departments and be able to assist as a back-up when the need may arise.
- Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
- Some college
- 2-4 years experience in a supervisory role
- 2-4 years forklift experience.
- Current or prior MHE certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs while following proper lifting procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com