Kappa Epsilon Professional Pharmacy Fraternity of PCSP is hosting a Mobile Mammogram through the Bearden-Josey Center for Breast Health of Spartanburg Healthcare System. The Mobile Mammogram will be on site at PCSP on September 30th, from 8am – 4pm. Appointments will run every 15 minutes, with a break from 12-1pm. If interested in making an appointment, please email [email protected] with your name and preferred appointment times.
Insurance Information: “Some insurance companies including Medicare require a year between mammograms or they will deny payment. Some insurance companies do not pay for a screening mammogram every year. It is the patient’s responsibility to contact their insurance company if they have any questions about their insurance payment. If the patient has health insurance, we will file the insurance including Medicare or Medicaid. Self-paying patients will be billed by the hospital and by the radiologist for their exam. No payment is due at the time of service. Patients without insurance who need help paying for their mammogram can inquire about our Mammography Assistance Program by calling (864) 560-6144.”
Who is Eligible for Mobile Mammography
• Women age 40 or older and have no current breast symptoms who are due for their annual screening mammogram.
• Women age 35-40 needing a baseline mammogram or with a mother or sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer before age 50. Apply the “10-year rule” (a relative diagnosed at age 45, eligibility begins at age 35) (Please verify insurance coverage prior to appointment.)
• Must be ambulatory (able to walk up unit stairs).
• Women with breast implants– will need 2 consecutive appointment times.
Who is Not Eligible for Mobile Mammography
• Pregnant or breast-feeding women.
• Women under age 35.
• Women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
• Women with current breast symptoms.
• These women can call (864) 560-7777 to make an appointment at the main hospital location.
Please feel free to email [email protected] with any questions.