Maynard Cooper & Gale and Nexsen Pruet officially merge to become Maynard NexsenApril 3, 2023
On April 1, 2023, Alabama-based Maynard Cooper & Gale and Carolinas-based Nexsen Pruet officially merged to become one national law firm: Maynard Nexsen.
The firm’s more than 550 professionals operate out of 23 offices coast to coast in the United States. This merger combines two client-centered firms focused on further expansion in high-growth, high-opportunity markets, bolstered by the increased depth and breadth of client service offerings.
“This merger represents the union of two firms that have experienced growth and momentum over the past several years.”said Jeff Grantham, CEO and Managing Shareholder. “Now, we move forward as one, accelerating that growth through the synergies that come with an expanded geographic footprint, a deepening of expertise and talent, and an even greater commitment to our collective client-first approach.”
Client growth has already been realized in immediate referrals between the merged firms. For example, a corporate client in Alabama announced a $130 million investment in South Carolina, and the new Maynard Nexsen team quickly engaged.
“I am incredibly excited to officially begin our work under the Maynard Nexsen name,” said Leighton Lord, President and Chief Strategy Officer. “Maynard Nexsen’s client-centered culture and bold entrepreneurial spirit are the driving forces behind our combined vision for growth. With our new bench strength and expertise, we are already better serving our clients with the same value proposition.”
Maynard Nexsen has a shared leadership team, bringing together decision-makers who have successfully steered both law firms for many years:
- Jeff Grantham, previously Managing Shareholder of Maynard Cooper & Gale, is now CEO and Managing Shareholder.
- Leighton Lord, previously Chairman of Nexsen Pruet, is now President and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Greg Curran, previously Chairman of Maynard Cooper & Gale, is now Chairman of the Board and Head of Client Relations
Maynard Nexsen proudly serves clients from 23 offices in the following markets:
- Alabama: Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery
- California: Los Angeles, San Francisco
- Florida: Miami, Orlando
- Georgia: Atlanta
- Iowa: Des Moines
- New York: New York City
- North Carolina: Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh
- South Carolina: Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Hilton Head/Bluffton, Myrtle Beach
- Tennessee: Nashville
- Texas: Austin, Dallas
- Washington, D.C.
In addition to legal services, Maynard Nexsen continues to own and operate two wholly-owned subsidiaries:
- NP Strategy is a 30-person strategic communications and public relations firm providing services for clients from coast to coast.
- Nextra Solutions is an e-discovery and litigation technology support company.
With the official launch of Maynard Nexsen comes exciting new branding for the firm and an official website: MaynardNexsen.com.
About Maynard Nexsen:
Maynard Nexsen is a full-service law ﬁrm with more than 550 attorneys in 23 offices from coast to coast across the United States. Maynard Nexsen formed in 2023 when two successful, client-centered firms combined to form a powerful national team. Maynard Nexsen’s list of clients spans a wide range of industry sectors and includes both public and private companies. Learn more at MaynardNexsen.com