COLUMBIA, SC – June 12, 2008 – The Capital City/Lake Murray Country Regional Tourism Board unveiled its new interactive mapping system on June 9th. Various attractions, regional tourism partners, businesses, chambers and individuals throughout the four county area attended. This new system is creating partnerships and cross marketing opportunities for many entities within the region.
The new system, highlighting Richland, Lexington, Newberry and Saluda Counties, is truly an interactive, user-friendly experience for browsers. The system was purchased from Micromaps, a company based in Bermuda, and Lake Murray Country is their first customer in the United States, with the State of Colorado launching next week. The interactive system can be viewed at http://lakemurraycountry.micromaps.com/.
Some key features that make the map system unique are:
• Contains a Flash Front-End, which means no special viewer is required
• Zoom In/Out feature
• Displays Points by Category & Subcategory
• Displays a Point Information Window, which contains text, images, slide
shows, video and hyperlinks to external sites.
• Ability to search for a point of interest by key word
• Ability to print an area of the map along with any point of interest info
Micromaps will have Lake Murray Country’s map on display in Las Vegas at the Destination Market Association International Convention, July 28-30th.
The Capital City/Lake Murray Country Visitors Center is located on Highway 6, 2184 Northlake Drive in Columbia. Call for more information, (803) 781-5940.