By Jerry Bellune
When loyal customers’ friends ask who they use for what you offer, they not only mention your name but tell them about something special you did for them.
When customers need to call you, they have your number in their cell phones, on refrigerator magnets or type your company’s name in their search box rather than a generic search for your types of business.
They know, like, and trust you to take care of their needs and wants.
You and I know how important customer loyalty is but here’s the good news: 69% of our competitors don’t know loyalty is critical or how to gain and retain customers.
Here are 5 ways we have built loyalty:
1. We know our most loyal customers, what they want and need, and how often.
2. We are selective. We go after prospects like our loyal customers. Their needs and wants are similar and we know how to make them happy.
3. We constantly look for ways we can help them in addition to the products or services they buy from us.
4. We refer business to them.
5. We touch them often when we have ideas or offers of value to them.
We share such field-tested strategies in our CD “Why Advertising Fails & What You Can Do About It.” For a free copy, email [email protected]
Next: Your customers’ best friend.