The annual Rhythm on the Rails (ROTR) weekend is in the rearview mirror and by all accounts it was a great success.
The much-anticipated annual Fall weekend full of food, fun and music was that and more this year.
This year the event brought new vendors, great food, a national lumberjack exhibition and the featured music of Starship on Saturday night.
Oh, and did we mention barbeque? The barbeque was tasty and here are the results of the contest:
- Pork Final – Blind Swine
- Rib Final – Sticks and Coals BBG
- Brisket Final – Butts “R” Us
The Overall Grand Champion in the barbeque competition was SC Smokey D’s BBQ.
So, what defines success?
People coming out and spending time at the event with family and friends is a great start but there is more. Much more.
Some other indicators of success include:
- Hotels were sold out
- Food Vendors sold out each night
- Retail and craft vendors had steady crowds all weekend and a few stayed open during the concert as the sales were still happening
- The lumberjack show drew approximately 150 people at each of their shows
- The Laurens County Cruisers brought in approximately 65 cars to the car show on Saturday
In addition, the Starship Show on Saturday night drew approximately 3,800 people to downtown Clinton compared to last year Mothers Finest which drew approximately 2,500.
“It was a great weekend in Clinton, South Carolina,” said Adele Alducin, Main Street Clinton Manager. “We continue to receive calls and emails from across South Carolina and North Carolina complimenting the City of Clinton as well as the event!”
ROTR was a great time for sure. Can’t wait to see how next year shapes up!
Click on the images below to view the photo gallery.