SAFE Federal Credit Union has awarded 14 high school students with $1,000 each towards their college education.
The scholarships were awarded to public and private school students within SAFE’s service area. The students were chosen by their respective school districts and awarded based on a variety of criteria, including plans to attend a college, university, or technical school in South Carolina.
“An investment towards educating our youth is one SAFE is proud to make,” said President and CEO Michael Baker. “These students are our future leaders and visionaries, so it’s our privilege to help them with their pursuit of higher education.”
Students receiving scholarships are:
- Alicia Wilson, College of Charleston
• Cory Shane Collins, Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College
• Emily Ellen-Lee Okon, U of SC Columbia
• Grayce Elaine Strickland, U of SC Sumter
• Henry Boris Favor, Jr., Claflin University
• James Alexander Glover, Florence Darlington Technical College
• Jordan Dashawn Blanding, U of SC Sumter
• Kayla Rice, Clemson University
• Ketrell Briggs-Nelson, Benedict College
• McKenzie Leigh Watts, Florence Darlington Technical College
• Samual Aaron Spurlock, U 0f SC Columbia
• Shakira M Murphy, Winthrop University
• Tashaun Perales, Horry-Georgetown College
• Victoria Hope Gault, Coastal Carolina University
The annual scholarship awards are part of SAFE’s long-standing commitment to education and schools throughout the South Carolina Midlands.
About SAFE Federal Credit Union
SAFE Federal Credit Union, founded in 1955, is the one of the largest financial institutions based in South Carolina with over $1 billion in total assets, 126,000 members, and 17 branches. Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, or goes to school in Sumter, Lee, Kershaw, Clarendon, and Florence counties, as well as parts of Richland, and Lexington counties. Membership is also open to employees of more than 500 companies located throughout the Midlands and relatives of those eligible to join. Connect with us at www.SAFEfed.org, on Facebook.com/SAFEfederalcreditunion or @SAFEFCU.