School District Five was today granted a waiver to add a feeding site in the Chapin area. Beginning, Thursday, March 19, meal pick-up will be available at 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Chapin High School (300 Columbia Avenue, Chapin, SC). Free food offerings sites will also be located at the following USDA pre-approved sites:
- H. E. Corley Elementary School (1500 Chadford Road, Irmo, SC)
- Harbison West Elementary School (257 Crossbow Drive, Irmo, SC)
- Seven Oaks Elementary School (2800 Ashland Road, Columbia, SC)
- Irmo High School (6671 St. Andrews Road, Columbia, SC)
- Dutch Fork High School (1400 Old Tamah Road, Irmo, SC)
- Food offerings will also be provided at two apartment sites in the district: Irmo Village Apartments and River Oaks Apartments
Meal service at all locations will be 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday), March 17 through the reopening of schools. Items will be individually packaged, to-go food offerings with dietary information on the packaging.
The service is only available for children ages 4-18, and children must be present to receive meals. Current feeding sites have been approved by state officials, and additional feeding sites may be added. Additionally, weekend Snack Packs will be delivered to students already receiving these food supply offerings.
Pre-approved sites are based upon USDA guidelines.