GREENVILLE, SC – February 13, 2012 – Womble Carlyle attorney ShuntaGrant has been named to the Board of Directors of United Ministries.
Formore than 40 years, United Ministries has worked to combat povertyissues in Greenville County. The work of the faith-based charityincludes:
- Helping the homeless meet basic human needs with the goal of getting them on the right track for long-term housing;
- Providingfood and financial assistance to help people in need pay their rent orutility bills. United Ministries offers food and financial assistance tomore than 5,000 people every year;
- Offering adult education forpeople working toward their GED. More than 350 people receive their GEDannually through United Ministries’ efforts;
- Counseling job-seekers on employment issues; and
- Educating communities about the needs and realities of people living in poverty.
ShuntaGrant is a business litigation attorney who represents businesses ingeneral tort claims. Shunta also counsels clients on labor andemployment matters, including drafting severance and release agreements.She has represented clients in labor and employment litigation as well.She practices in Womble Carlyle’s Greenville, S.C., office.
About Womble Carlyle
WombleCarlyle is a full-service business law firm with a focus on innovativesolutions to client needs. The firm supports the Association ofCorporate Counsel in the ACC Value Challenge, which seeks to betteralign legal services with the needs of corporate clients.The firmserves clients nationally and globally with more than 550 attorneys infourteen offices: Atlanta; Charleston, Columbia and Greenville, S.C.;Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, Research Triangle Park, andWinston-Salem, N.C.; Silicon Valley, Calif., Washington, D.C.; TysonsCorner, Va.; Baltimore; and Wilmington, Del.In the community, the firmis the first law firm to receive the Thurgood Marshall College FundCorporate Leadership Award as well as the Employer Support of the Guardand Reserve Freedom Award.