For more than 76 years, Trident United Way has welcomed community leaders to its board of directors and other groups to help build our community. It’s with great pleasure we announce a new session of the Lead United program.
Lead United https://www.tuw.org/lead-united is a comprehensive community leadership and nonprofit board development program – hosted in partnership with the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce.
Act now and click the link below to sign up, the deadline for the new session is Wed. Sept. 22.
Lead United will equip participants with skills to serve on a nonprofit board of directors. This six-week program focuses on educating professionals and skill-building for board level service opportunities.
“Trident United Way’s Lead United class is a great experience and learning opportunity for anyone interested in becoming more intimately involved in our region’s nonprofit community,” said Kameron Quick, Architect at LS3P Associates. “I not only have the tools to successfully contribute to a nonprofit board, but also feel prepared to identify where I can be of greatest service.”
Benefits of Lead United include:
• Understand the expectations for service on a nonprofit board
• Deepen your knowledge about challenges our community faces
• Gain skills needed to successfully serve on a nonprofit board
• Prepare for interpretation of nonprofit accounting and financials
• Network with civic-minded professionals from several sources
• Prime you to seek future board service matching your passions
Trident United Way hopes to build up the local nonprofit sector across the Tri-County with high performing boards by developing a pool of trained and ready-to-serve volunteers.
“I would recommend this course to anyone interested in taking their community service to the next level,” Quick said.