Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP is pleased to announce that 20 attorneys have earned recognition in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA by Chambers and Partners.
The firm also received rankings across seven key practice areas, including:
• Health Care (Georgia and North Carolina)
• Corporate/M&A (North Carolina and South Carolina)
• Environment (North Carolina)
• Intellectual Property (North Carolina)
• Labor & Employment (North Carolina)
• Litigation: General Commercial (North Carolina and South Carolina)
• Real Estate (North Carolina and South Carolina)
Two attorneys received Band 1 rankings in North Carolina in their respective practice areas: Maureen Demarest Murray for health care and Thomas E. Terrell Jr. for real estate zoning/land use.
In its 19th year of publication, Chambers USA is an annual ranking of leading lawyers and law firms in the U.S. Results are obtained through hours of research and thousands of interviews with clients and lawyers, with greater weight given to the views of clients. The qualities on which the rankings are assessed include technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities highly valued by clients.
A client interviewed by Chambers commented, “They provide excellent legal advice to supplement our business decisions.”
The 20 Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys recognized as leaders in their states and practice areas include:
• Jonathan Heyl, Charlotte, N.C. (Recognized Practitioner)
• E. Kent Auberry, Greensboro, N.C.
• Frank C. Williams III, Greenville, S.C.
• Stephen W. Earp, Greensboro, N.C.
• Ramona Cunningham O’Bryant, Greensboro, N.C.
• Terrill Johnson Harris, Greensboro, N.C.
• Maureen Demarest Murray, Greensboro, N.C.
• Lawrence J. Myers, Atlanta, Ga.
• Tobin N. Watt, Atlanta, Ga.
Labor & Employment
• Laura Deddish Burton, Greensboro, N.C. (Immigration)
• Julianna Theall Earp, Greensboro, N.C.
• George J. Oliver, Raleigh, N.C.
• Patti West Ramseur, Greensboro, N.C.
Litigation: General Commercial
• Steven E. Farrar, Greenville, S.C.
• Robert R. Marcus, Charlotte, N.C.
• Robert D. Moseley Jr., Greenville, S.C.
• Mark R. Holmes, Greenville S.C.
• Michele Fuller Lyerly, Greenville, S.C.
• Charles E. Melvin Jr., Greensboro, N.C. (Senior Statesmen – Zoning/Land Use)
• Thomas E. Terrell Jr., Greensboro, N.C. (Zoning/Land Use)
For more information about Chambers and Partners research and ranking methodology, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
About Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP
Clients of Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP receive creative, cost-effective legal services. With six offices and more than 140 attorneys across North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia, the firm’s core practice areas are focused on litigation, business law, health care, real estate, labor and employment, and infrastructure and development.
The firm’s dedication to client success, legal excellence, and responsive client service is the backbone of its reputation. Additional practice teams include intellectual property, tax, banking and finance, antitrust, business torts, financial services litigation, appellate, land use and zoning, economic development, and transportation.
For more information about the firm and its attorneys, visit www.smithmoorelaw.com.