The South Carolina Economic Developers’ Association (SCEDA) announced its 2019-20 officers and board of directors during the organization’s annual conference in Myrtle Beach. SCEDA and its 800+ members have been the ‘Voice of Economic Development’ in the Palmetto State for more than 50 years.
Andrena Powell-Baker, SCCED, Senior Manager of Community Relations and Development at Lockhart Power Company, will serve as the 2019-2020 SCEDA president.
“I’m incredibly honored and eager to serve as SCEDA’s president for the 2019-2020 term,” said Powell-Baker. “With SCEDA’s membership continuing to grow year to year, our organization is poised to remain a leading voice of economic development in South Carolina, as well as a leader in the region. With a membership base that exceeds 800 industry professionals, the diversity of perspectives is invaluable in continuing to drive legislative, community and economic development action around the Palmetto State.”
Serving alongside Powell-Baker are:
2019-20 Board of Directors:
- President – Andrena Powell-Baker, SCCED**, Lockhart Power
- Vice President – Richard Blackwell, SCCED**, Agracel, Inc.
- Treasurer – Marty Baltzegar, PE, LEED AP, S&ME Engineering, Inc.
- Secretary – Sandy Steele, SCCED**, SouthernCarolina Regional Alliance
- Past President – Mark Warner, SCCED**, Davis & Floyd
- Director, Rich Fletcher, South Carolina I-77 Alliance
- Director, Rick Farmer, SCCED**, Newberry County Economic Development
- Director, Michael Kozlarek, SCCED**, Kozlarek Law, LLC
Newly Elected Incoming Directors 2018-2019:
- Director, Tavia C.M. Gaddy, SCCED** Greenville Area Development Corporation
- Director, Karen Calhoun, McMillan Pazdan Smith, LLC
- Director, John Truluck, SCCED**, Dorchester County Economic Development
- Bobby Hitt, Secretary, S.C. Department of Commerce
- Designee: Nelson Lindsay, SCCED**, S.C. Department of Commerce
- Dr. Tim Hardee, President, S.C. Technical College System
- Designee: Susan Pretrulak, S.C. Technical College System
- Jim Newsome, CEO, S.C. State Ports Authority
- Designee: Micah Mallace, S.C. State Ports Authority
- Duane Parrish, Director, S.C. Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
- Designee: Toni Nance, S.C. Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Since 1965, the South Carolina Economic Developers’ Association has served as the Voice of Economic Development in the Palmetto State. A professional trade association of more than 800 members, with representation from all 46 counties, SCEDA includes local and regional economic developers, as well as officials from municipal, county and state government agencies, construction and engineering firms, utility companies, attorneys, consultants, financial institutions, and higher education.
** SCCED denotes a South Carolina Certified Economic Developer