Five-episode second season will spotlight five local eateries across South Carolina
South Carolina ETV (SCETV) today announced the premiere of a new season of its digital series, “Backroad Bites.” Featuring five, three to five-minute episodes, the new season will spotlight five local eateries in South Carolina. Each episode will premiere Thursdays at 1 p.m. on the network’s Facebook page, starting Thursday, September 3.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, season two of the digital series is titled, “Backroad Bites: Take-Out Edition.” Filmed this summer, this new season spotlights the delectable take-out options available across South Carolina, while underscoring the importance of community to these local restaurants as they transition to a new normal. The series looks at South Carolina culture through the context of food, from the passage of a family brownie recipe through generations to the reality of running a restaurant on an island. Please see below for an episode listing and premiere dates:
- September 3: Upcountry Provisions (Travelers Rest, S.C.)
- September 10: McConkey’s Jungle Shack (Edisto Beach, S.C.)
- September 17: A Peace of Soul Vegan Kitchen (Columbia, S.C.)
- September 24: Park Circle Creamery (North Charleston, S.C.)
- October 1: Janette’s Super Burger (Georgetown, S.C.)
Viewers that wish to engage with SCETV and the creators of “Backroad Bites” are encouraged to use the #BackroadBites and #ETVDigital hashtags on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For more on “Backroad Bites,” visit www.scetv.org/backroad-bites.
“Charming small towns are located in all corners of South Carolina, and each of them are home to incredible, family-owned eateries that have become community staples. We’re proud to bring ‘Backroad Bites’ back for a second season and to showcase these special places that are still serving up delicious food despite challenges presented by the ongoing pandemic.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SCETV’s digital series “Backroad Bites” returns for its second season in September.
- New episodes will be released on the @South CarolinaETV Facebook page Thursdays at 1 p.m., starting Thursday, September 3.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, season two of the digital series is titled, “Backroad Bites: Take-Out Edition.”
- Viewers that wish to engage with SCETV and the creators of “Backroad Bites” are encouraged to use the #BackroadBites and #ETVDigital hashtags on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- For more on “Backroad Bites,” visit www.scetv.org/backroad-bites.
About South Carolina ETV and Public Radio
South Carolina ETV (SCETV) is the state’s public educational broadcasting network. Using television, radio and diverse digital properties, SCETV’s mission is to enrich lives by educating children, informing and connecting citizens, celebrating our culture and environment and instilling the joy of learning. In addition to airing local programs, such as “Carolina Classrooms,” “Making it Grow,” “Palmetto Scene” and “This Week in South Carolina,” SCETV also presents multiple programs to regional and national audiences, including “Expeditions,” “Reconnecting Roots,” “Reel South,” “Somewhere South,” “Yoga in Practice” and “Live from Charleston Music Hall.” In addition, SC Public Radio produces the national radio production, “Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA.”