South Carolina ETV (SCETV) today announced the premiere of a new season of its digital series, Carolina Snaps. Voiced by members of SCETV staff, each one-minute episode gives viewers a “snap” of South Carolina culture— from small towns to southern icons. The first of the 13 episodes will premiere on Tuesday, June 21 at 1 p.m. on the network’s Instagram account via Reels, with new episodes released each Tuesday after that.
Following each episode’s debut on Instagram Reels, the episode will be uploaded to the SCETV website, as well as the agency’s other social media platforms. The first episode of Season 2 will feature Falls Park on the Reedy, located in the heart of Greenville, S.C. Other topics covered this season include:
- South Carolina Street Art
- Ronald McNair
- Lake Murray
- Angel Oak Tree
- South Carolina State Parks
- Cecil Williams Civil Rights Museum
- Daufuskie Island
- South Carolina BBQ ….and more!
Viewers that wish to engage with SCETV and the creators of this digital series are encouraged to use the #CarolinaSnaps and #SCETVDigital hashtags on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For more information on Carolina Snaps and to watch all released episodes after they premiere, visit www.scetv.org/CarolinaSnaps.
“It’s SCETV’s mission, as South Carolina’s primary storyteller, to offer engaging content across all platforms to our audience. We are excited to continue this task by offering the new season of Carolina Snaps in a vertical format on the network’s Instagram account via Reels— in addition to the traditional 16:9 format on scetv.org and SCETV’s YouTube channel.” –SCETV Director of Digital Ty Moody
- SCETV’s digital series Carolina Snaps is returning for a 13-episode second season June 21.
- One-minute in length, all 13 new episodes will premiere on the SCETV Instagram account via Reels Tuesdays at 1 p.m., starting June 21.
- Each episode of Carolina Snaps share information about South Carolina people, places and notable events in history…all in a snap!
- Viewers that wish to engage with SCETV and the creators of Carolina Snaps are encouraged to use the #CarolinaSnaps and #SCETVDigital hashtags on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Following the Instagram Reels premiere each Tuesday, new episodes will be published to the @SouthCarolinaETV YouTube channel and to the SCETV website at www.scetv.org/CarolinaSnaps.
About South Carolina ETV and Public Radio
South Carolina ETV (SCETV) is the state’s public educational broadcasting network. Using television, radio and diverse digital properties, SCETV’s mission is to enrich lives by educating children, informing and connecting citizens, celebrating our culture and environment and instilling the joy of learning. In addition to airing local programs, such as Carolina Classrooms, Making It Grow, Palmetto Scene and This Week in South Carolina, SCETV also presents multiple programs to regional and national audiences, including By The River, Expeditions, Reconnecting Roots, Reel South, Somewhere South, Yoga in Practice and Live from Charleston Music Hall. In addition, SC Public Radio produces the national radio production, Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA.