South Carolina Federal Credit Union is proud to announce the winners of its 12th annual scholarship program. Nine students who are attending a technical or traditional college in South Carolina beginning fall 2022 have been awarded a total of $45,000 in scholarships.
This year’s winners are:
- Madelyn Faircloth (University of South Carolina)
- Rohit Nampoothiry (University of South Carolina)
- Darrian Wilson (Clemson University)
- John Michael Stagliano (College of Charleston)
- Maggie Thomas (Anderson University)
- Abigail Campbell (Furman University)
- Bridget Gabby White (Greenville Technical College)
- Austin Ix (Horry-Georgetown Technical College)
- Madison Franks (Trident Technical College)
Scholarship candidates were evaluated by three panels of judges who reviewed each student’s academic achievements, community involvement, recommendation letter, financial need and personal essay.
“These students have already made tremendous impacts on their schools and communities, and it’s clear that they have even bigger dreams for the future,” said Scott Woods, President and CEO of South Carolina Federal. “We’re honored to support their pursuit of higher education to help make those dreams a reality.”
South Carolina Federal’s 2022 scholarship winners are listed at scfederal.org/scholarship. Applications for the credit union’s 2023 scholarship program will open in January.
About South Carolina Federal
Connect with South Carolina Federal Credit Union for products, services and financial literacy. More than 175,000 members and $2.5 billion in assets, the member-owned cooperative operates 27 offices and serves six major markets including Charleston, Columbia, Georgetown, Greenville, Florence and Spartanburg. Over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs are available worldwide through the Allpoint Network. More information about South Carolina Federal can be found at scfederal.org.