“Transfer Admission Promise” Creates a Seamless Pathway for SCC Students Transferring to Limestone
Today, leadership of Spartanburg Community College and Limestone University signed agreements to form a partnership to enhance the transfer of students from SCC to Limestone University.
The “Transfer Admission Promise” with Limestone University provides a seamless admissions pathway for students completing their Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Applied Science degree program who meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.0, with advising and academic support for a successful transition to Limestone University.
“At Spartanburg Community College, we pride ourselves in providing access to the highest quality education that delivers the best return on investment for our students, and we are proud to partner with Limestone University to provide extended pathways that offer our Chasers unlimited potential to live out their dreams,” said Dr. Michael Mikota, President of Spartanburg Community College.
“We are tremendously excited about increasing our wonderful partnership with Spartanburg Community College and expanding the pathways to degree completion for students in our area,” said Limestone University President Dr. Darrell Parker. “This agreement further emphasizes our strong belief in the value that community colleges provide to their students. Limestone is always thrilled to welcome Spartanburg Community College transfer students who are seeking a four-year degree. Limestone’s new Bachelor of Applied Science program, in particular, is meeting the needs of even more community college transfer students.”
By collaborative agreement with Spartanburg Community College and Limestone University, eligible students are automatically accepted upon completing their associate degree at SCC with a GPA of 2.0 or above on all previous college work and enrolling at Limestone University within one year following graduation from SCC.
Upon successfully meeting these conditions, a student who wishes to register for classes at Limestone University requests a final, official transcript be sent from SCC to Limestone University, Admissions Office, 1115 College Drive, Gaffney, SC 29340 and completes the free application to Limestone University found at https://www.limestone.edu/apply.
Upon receipt of these documents, an enrollment specialist from Limestone University will contact the student to assist with the onboarding process, including registration for classes.
“Transfer Admission Promise” Admission and Graduation Requirements:
- Limestone University admission and program admission requirements apply to students who transfer under this agreement. Additionally, SCC students meeting the transfer requirements of this agreement, will be guaranteed admission to Limestone and receive priority acceptance into their selected degree program
- Policies governing the admission, enrollment, and transfer of students are the sole purview of each institution
- Students accepted into Limestone must fulfill the Limestone program and graduation requirements
- Each institution will provide updates of any admission policy changes prior to the start of fall semester in a given academic year
- Any official policy change is subject to change without notice
- Students transferring to Limestone through the transfer agreement will enter under the academic provisions of catalog in place at the time of their signed declaration of intent to transfer
- Both SCC and Limestone agree to inform and train academic advisors concerning the terms of this agreement and the articulation of courses between institutions. Advisor names and contact information will be provided to each institution
About Spartanburg Community College
SCC offers more than 70 academic program offerings including associate degrees, diplomas and certificates, plus University Transfer opportunities to four-year colleges and universities. SCC provides flexible class scheduling including day, evening, weekend classes with multiple start dates and more than 100 online classes through SCCOnline. Offering the lowest tuition in the region, convenient locations, and regional/national accreditations, SCC offers educational opportunities leading to high-growth, high-demand jobs. The SCC Corporate & Community Education Division provides job and career enhancement, workforce development and personal enrichment courses and training programs. For more information, visit www.sccsc.edu.