COLUMBIA, SC – The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®, donated $138,800 to non-profit organizations in North and South Carolina from February through April 2014.
As part of TD Bank’s commitment to giving back to the community, the TD Charitable Foundation awarded 15 grants to non-profit organizations that provide affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and environmental programs in the Carolinas during the bank’s second quarter, including:
- North Carolina Housing Coalition, Inc. – The Coalition’s NC Affordable Housing Advocacy and Outreach program seeks to increase advocacy for affordable housing at the state, local and federal levels. The achieve this, the Coalition offers educational workshops to individuals and service providers on fair housing laws, foreclosure prevention, fundraising, communications and local advocacy.
- Richland County Public Library – Through its Foundation, the library will create seven Learning Centers throughout Richland County that will provide job seekers, entrepreneurs and students space and opportunities to learn, experiment and network.
- Furman University Lowcountry Rice Culture Project – The university’s Rice Culture Project aims to discover and revive the significance of rice cultivation in South Carolina, and to use this history as a basis for broader discussions of race, class, trade, history and economics in the Southeast.
- Greenville Symphony Association – The Greenville Symphony Orchestra’s Education and Community Engagement Program supports students with a focus on GSO’s Middle School Concert. The concert will serve 700 band, orchestra and choral students in grades 6-8, with priority given to students attending Title I schools in Greenville County.
- YMCA of Western North Carolina – The YMCA’s Summer Discovery program is a seven-week day camp targeting economically disadvantaged middle school students. Summer Discovery participants focus on STEM, literacy, arts, culture and recreation learning and activities to align with NC Essential Standards.
“The TD Charitable Foundation is proud to support dedicated organizations throughout the Carolinas who make their communities better,” said Elizabeth K. Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation. “Through their hard work and determination, these organizations’ staff and volunteers make an immeasurable impact in their communities.”
A staunch commitment to active involvement in the local community is a vital element of the TD Bank philosophy. TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®, and the TD Charitable Foundation provide support to affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and environmental initiatives, many of which focus on improving the welfare of children and families.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank N.A., which operates as TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation’s mission is to serve the individuals, families and businesses in all the communities where TD Bank operates, having made $118.9 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002. The Foundation’s areas of focus are affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
About TD Bank
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.