Join PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful and other community improvement groups across the state as we clean up South Carolina.
With warmer weather approaching, spring cleaning doesn’t just happen inside our homes this time of year. Citizens across our beautiful state, now is the time to head outdoors to clean up litter and improve our green spaces.
Every March, Keep America Beautiful (KAB) affiliates across the country kick off their annual cleanup programs with the Great American Cleanup. South Carolina is home to 36 KAB affiliates and the state program, Keep South Carolina Beautiful.
There are plenty of opportunities across the state for citizens to join. Here are events already on the calendar:
• Keep Newberry County Beautiful will host a cleanup on March 12
• Keep Greenwood County Beautiful will host the annual Lake Greenwood Cleanup on March 12
• Keep Aiken County Beautiful will host cleanups of 4 major Parkways on March 19
• The Great Charleston Cleanup with Keep Charleston Beautiful will take place March 20-26
• City of Sumter will host a community cleanup on April 9
• Beaufort County will host an employee cleanup on April 20
• The Girl Scouts and PalmettoPride will team up again for an Earth Day program on April 22
PalmettoPride will have a full list of events as they are planned across the state. Citizens are encouraged to join a cleanup or plan their own.
PalmettoPride will officially kick off the Great SC Cleanup on March 30, 2022, with Grab A Bag SC, a statewide cleanup campaign with Lt. Governor Evette. The kickoff event will be held in Laurens County with Keep Laurens County Beautiful.
The Great South Carolina Cleanup is the state’s largest cleanup effort, coinciding with the Great American Cleanup, the nation’s largest community improvement program sponsored by Keep America Beautiful.
For more information on PalmettoPride, contact [email protected].
PalmettoPride is working towards a litter-free South Carolina. Created as a legislative initiative to fight litter and help beautify South Carolina by engaging citizens to take action in their communities through education, enforcement, awareness and pickup.