Nonprofit-focused publication looks forward to enhanced email deliverability and reporting
CHARLESTON, SC – January 11, 2010 – Blackbaud, Inc. (Nasdaq: BLKB) today announced that The NonProfit Times, the leading business publication for nonprofit management, has selected Blackbaud Sphere® to deliver more than 11 million email newsletters per year to approximately 110,000 subscribers. The NonProfit Times will start delivering its enewsletters through Blackbaud Sphere this month.
“The moment I saw the Blackbaud Sphere program, I thought the technology, design and support would be a genuine benefit to both us and our readers,” said Lisa Pinto, The NonProfit Times’ webmaster. “There are so many features for personalization that we can give our readers individual attention.”
The NonProfit Times needed an email tool that was manageable and easy to use. “This system is so intuitive that staff can be more efficient,” said Pinto. “The staff can be quickly trained, and the support that Blackbaud provides is so valuable.” With Blackbaud Sphere, publication staff will have user-friendly statistics, analytics, and simple archiving; plus subscribers will not be lost due to issues with bounce-backs from simple out-of-office messages.
“We are pleased to partner with The NonProfit Times and to provide a powerful platform that meets the organization’s email marketing needs,” said John Dalzell, Blackbaud’s director of business development. “With Blackbaud Sphere, The NonProfit Times can now focus on bringing the best in news and resources to nonprofits and not technology hurdles.”
The NonProfit Times publishes five nonprofit and technology-focused enewsletters including:
· NPT Weekly– covering all aspects of nonprofit management – fundraising, financial management, direct marketing, technology, legal issues and human resources. It offers a mix of “how-to” and news stories.
· NPT Instant Fundraising – geared towards keeping development officers and executive directors up-to-date with the latest fundraising developments. It offers news, tips and proven methods to fund organizations.
· NPT TechnoBuzz – for CIOs, CFOs, IT Directors and Development Directors responsible for the purchase and management of hardware and software at the nation’s nonprofit organizations. It features trends and business stories with a focus on technology solutions for donor management, finance and fundraising.
· NPTJobs – the premier nonprofit newsletter bringing new career opportunities and HR advice to the nonprofit executive community.
· Exempt – a financial newsletter focusing on areas such as asset management, planned giving, donor advised funds, banking, risk management, investments, insurance, trusts, financial software and technology.
Visit www.nptimes.com to learn more or to subscribe to these free newsletters.
Backed by award-winning services and support teams, Blackbaud’s comprehensive set of Internet solutions, featuring Blackbaud® NetCommunity™ and Blackbaud Sphere™, is designed to meet the evolving needs of nonprofits. With Blackbaud, nonprofits have a choice in implementation models with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, Blackbaud OnDemand hosting services, or self-hosting options. More than 400 employees are focused on strategy, design, development, and training services in support of Blackbaud’s Internet solutions and the 4000 nonprofits using them. For more information on Blackbaud Internet Solutions, including the new Blackbaud NetCommunity Grow and Blackbaud Sphere Grow, visit www.blackbaud.com/internetsolutions.
Blackbaud is the leading global provider of software and services designed specifically for nonprofit organizations, enabling them to improve operational efficiency, build strong relationships, and raise more money to support their missions. Approximately 22,000 organizations — including University of Arizona Foundation, American Red Cross, Cancer Research UK, The Taft School, Lincoln Center, In Touch Ministries, Tulsa Community Foundation, Ursinus College, Earthjustice, International Fund for Animal Welfare, and the WGBH Educational Foundation — use one or more Blackbaud products and services for fundraising, constituent relationship management, financial management, website management, direct marketing, education administration, ticketing, prospect research, consulting, and analytics. Since 1981, Blackbaud’s sole focus and expertise has been partnering with nonprofits and providing them the solutions they need to make a difference in their local communities and worldwide. Headquartered in the United States, Blackbaud also has operations in Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.blackbaud.com.