Class X Graduates
The Riley Institute at Furman is pleased to announce the commencement of Class X of the Upstate South Carolina Diversity Leaders Initiative. Chosen by nomination and application, participants in the SC DLI are leaders from all demographic groups and sectors: corporate, non-profit, faith-based, education and public officials, who build leadership skills while also examining and pursuing solutions to challenges and opportunities most pressing to our communities. Congratulations to graduates of Class X of the Upstate South Carolina Diversity Leaders Initiative:
Mike Atchley, Michelin North America, Inc.
* Joanne Avery, Anderson School District Four
* Tim Bertscha, Wells Fargo Wealth Management
* Stacy Blair, Anderson Police Department
* Sheila Breitweiser, Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
* Ronnie Brown, Goodwill Industries of Upstate/Midlands SC, Inc.
* Janice Butler, Christian Learning Centers of Greenville County
* Ladd Byrd, Irick Construction Company Inc.
* J. Auvis Cole, Union County Tourism Commission
* Donna Coleman, Phillis Wheatley Association
* Billy Crank, Michelin North America, Inc.
* Emily Dean, South Carolina Bank and Trust
* John DeLoach, Goodwill Industries of Upstate/Midlands SC, Inc.
* Linda Dogan, City of Spartanburg
* Phil Feisal, The Village Hospital
* Darrin Goss, United Way of Greenville County
* David Grier, Tire Centers, LLC
* E. Charles Grose, Jr., South Carolina Commission on Indigent Defense
* Justin Hawkins, Wachovia Bank N.A., a Wells Fargo Company
* Susan Jones, Greenville Technical College
* Theo L. Lane, Jr., Duke Energy South Carolina
* Tony McDade, Greenville Area Interfaith Hospitality Network (GAIHN)
* Jan Murdoch, Clemson University
* Floyd Nicholson, SC Senate/Lander University
* Barry Nocks, Clemson University
* Elizabeth Parsons, Baptist Easley Hospital
* Audie Penn, Michelin North America, Inc.
* Julia Pinto, Hispanic-American Women’s Association (AHAM)
* Christoph Plaar, BMW Manufacturing LLC
* Mary Ann Price, Michelin North America, Inc.
* Jason Richards, NAI Earle Furman, LLC
* Kenneth Rogers, Greenville Hospital System, Marshall Pickens Hospital
* Salvatore Rossano, Jr., Tire Centers, LLC
* Bob Saul, Greenwood Genetic Center
* Lynn Scott, United Way of Anderson County
* Mike Shetterly, Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart, PC
* Katherine Smoak Wood, Smoak Public Relations
* Suzy Summers, Furman University
* Spence Taylor, Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center
* John Wheeler, Furman University
* Terri Wilfong, Greenville City Police Department
* Rich Winley, Fix the Glue Marketing
With the graduation of the Upstate class, the South Carolina Diversity Leaders Initiative now has over 430 graduates in the Upstate and 750 graduates across the state of South Carolina.
The Riley Institute Diversity Leaders Initiative is made possible through the generous support of The Wachovia Wells Fargo Foundation, BlueCross BlueShieldof South Carolina, Michelin, N.A., the Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center and Spartanburg Regional; and is offered in cooperation with AnMed Health, BMW Manufacturing Co., Palmetto Health, SCBIZ, and South Carolina Resarch Authority (SCRA).