CHARLOTTE, NC – February 16, 2012 – The Carolinas Chapter of theTurnaround Management Association (TMA), a global industry group forcorporate restructuring professionals, has elected its 2012 officers anddirectors. The chapter organizes education programs and networkingevents for restructuring professionals involved in improvingunderperforming businesses. Its 143 members work in Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham,Greenville, Winston-Salem, Columbia and other major hubs in North andSouth Carolina.
“I am honored to serve the TMA Carolinas Chapter as President,” saidMichael M. Beal, a shareholder with McNair Law Firm in Columbia, S.C. “TMA is the leading global corporate renewal association and actuallytraces its roots to the Carolinas. TMA offers world-class educationaland networking opportunities, both locally and nationally, and our goalis to make those even better. We have had great leadership in the pastand the new officers and board are among the best in the corporaterenewal profession in the Carolinas.”
Other elected officers who began two-year terms in January are:
• Vice President: David M. Schilli, Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson, PA
• Secretary: Jonathan C. Hickman, Alvarez & Marsal
• Treasurer: James R. Porter, Grant Thornton, LLP
• Immediate Past President: Edward J. Sanz, Anderson Bauman Tourtellot Vos & Co.
The chapter’s directors include:
• Robert L. Dean, Wells Fargo Capital Finance
• John M. Flynn, Carruthers & Roth, PA
• Patricia Gordon, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC
• Joe L. Griffeth, GE Capital
• Richard C. Kennedy, Aurora Management Partners, Inc.
• Jay F. Kilkenny, The Finley Group, Inc.
• J. Brad Leach, Lighthouse Financial Corp.
• Ben Lucas, Wells Fargo Capital Finance
• John A. Magee, Anderson Bauman Tourtellot Vos & Co.
• Brian D. Rosenthal, AlixPartners
• Lisa P. Sumner, Poyner Spruill, LLP
• W. Lewis Tabb, III
• Peter L. Tourtellot, Anderson Bauman Tourtellot Vos & Co.
• Rory D. Whelehan, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC
• Barry D.Yelton, TAB Bank
• Constance L. Young, Johnston, Allison & Hord, PA
• Jerry N. Younts, Bridge Bank
About Turnaround Management Association
Chicago-based Turnaround Management Association, turnaround.org,the global nonprofit association dedicated to the corporaterestructuring industry, has more than 9,000 members in 49 regionalchapters who comprise a professional community of turnaroundpractitioners, attorneys, accountants, investors, lenders, venturecapitalists, appraisers, liquidators, executive recruiters andconsultants. Follow TMA on Twitter and LinkedIn.