Town seeks volunteers for William Hilton Parkway Gateway Corridor Independent Review Advisory CommitteeMarch 2, 2023
Hilton Head Island, SC – The Town of Hilton Head Island is seeking engaged volunteers to serve on its William Hilton Parkway Corridor Independent Review Advisory Committee and is now accepting applications to fill the committee.
On February 21, 2023, the Hilton Head Island Town Council authorized the creation of the Advisory Committee, which will play an integral part in the Town’s comprehensive review of the William Hilton Parkway Gateway Corridor Project. For this review, the Town is hiring an independent specialist to conduct an end-to-end simulation of traffic flows and perform a project analysis including areas through and beyond the project limits.
The Advisory Committee will work in conjunction with a technical review team designated by the Town Manager and focus on the following:
- Review and assess the Town’s request for qualifications and all responses for an independent consultant.
- Identify firms to be considered as a “Preferred Consultant” and review consultant proposals.
- Recommend to Town Council which “Preferred Consultant” to pursue contract negotiations with.
- Work with Town staff to guide the work of the selected consultant to complete the Independent Review, including delivery of findings and recommendations from the consultant and advisory committee through Town staff to Town Council.
The Advisory Committee will be composed of the following members who will be appointed by Town Council:
- One Town Council member.
- One current or former licensed professional engineer.
- One citizen member and an alternate from the Stoney Community. Situated along William Hilton Parkway, the Stoney Community is one of Hilton Head Island’s historic Gullah Geechee neighborhood that will be touched by the project.
- Two at-large citizen members from the community.
Interested citizens may apply online at hiltonheadislandsc.gov.
For more information regarding the William Hilton Parkway Corridor Independent Review Advisory Committee, contact Cindaia Ervin, Interim Town Clerk, at (843) 341-4646 or [email protected]