Dr. Louis D. Whitesides has been named the executive director of SC State University’s 1890 Research and Extension Program. He assumed his duties on August 1st.
Whitesides takes on the new role after beginning his career in 1890 as an extension agent. He later became the program’s research administrator. He succeeds former executive director, Delbert T. Foster, who held the position since 2014.
Whitesides, an Orangeburg native, earned a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from SC State. He received a Master of Science in business management from Southern Wesleyan University and a Doctor of Business Administration in international business from the University of Sarasota.
For more information about the 1890 Research and Extension Program, contact Dr. Louis D. Whitesides at (803) 536- 8616 or [email protected]
About the 1890 Research and Extension Program
The 1890 Research and Extension Program, the cornerstone of the historical land-grant status of South Carolina State University, assists diverse rural and urban limited-resource audiences in South Carolina by conducting research that seeks to address the problems affecting state residents and offering lifelong learning opportunities through its many outreach programs.
About SC State University
Founded in 1896 as a land grant institution with a mission of providing service to the citizens of the state, South Carolina State University has evolved from a small teachers’ college into a major University center of learning and research. Located in Orangeburg, S.C. South Carolina State offers more than 50 different fields of study on the undergraduate and graduate levels. South Carolina State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is a member of the Council of Graduate Schools.